Wednesday 17 October 2012

Pregnant pilates


This evening I started a “Pilates für Schwangere” class (pregnant pilates). There are a lot of good things about being pregnant and having children in Germany and one of them is that your health insurance company pays for a fitness class as long as you attend on a regular basis. Last time I did yoga, so this time I thought I’d give pilates a go. The class just also happens to take place from 5.30pm – 6.45pm; exactly during my daughter’s dinner and bedtime, so a fantastic reason to have a night off per week.

The class was pretty boring really, but although I prefer more active sports like running and tennis, I can see that the stretching and core stability exercises are beneficial for pregnant women and hey, if they make the birth and recovery from birth easier, then I am all for it.  

I had a good laugh during the class as I was reminded of my blog. In fact, the class brought together three recent blog topics all in the one room. 

First of all, surprise, surprise, I walked in to find the teacher airing the room. Then, once she had let enough fresh, cold air into the room, she took off all her clothes and changed into her sports gear. A few minutes later and I still didn’t know where to look as three more ladies joined and also proceeded to strip down to their bra and pants in front of me.  Finally, no one spoke a word. The class has already been running for a few weeks and I was the only new person to join this evening. The only person’s voice I heard before, after and during the entire class was the teacher’s.

I got home and my daughter was still up having her dinner. So much for my night off!

No comments:

Post a Comment